[ RadSafe ] Re:"State of Fear"

NIXON, Grant Grant.NIXON at mdsinc.com
Mon Feb 20 15:30:47 CST 2006

Cheers John :)

Don't believe everything that you hear :)

I do understand that the data record (recorded temperatures) is far too
short to draw any reasonable conclusions in this regard. I also know
that many "tree huggers" out there cherry pick the limited data to
advance their own causes. Ditto for the pro nukes who want to see more
CANDU's.

However, governments and businesses are taking these trends very
seriously because it affects their bottom line. Even president Bush has
changed his "opinion" recently in the wake of Katrina.

The activity seen in this regard provides support for the existence of a
warming trend - whatever its cause. Again, the trend may be but a minor
blip on the historical record of the Earth, one cannot discount this
possibility, at least not solely based solely on weather data. There is
much room for debate

Grant

p.s. Nordion's MAPLE reactors are not yet in service. We currently rely
on CRL's NRU reactor, as in the past. Our thanks to you CRL people out
there.