[ RadSafe ] "State of Fear"

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 14:45:12 CST 2006

Andy,
Two hundred years ago would bring one to the start of
the "industrial" age.  You will recall from your
history that is went there was a push to use more
coal, a producer of CO2 which I believe is a major
green house gas.  Maybe you have hit on the reason for
the start of the current climate change.

--- A  Karam <paksbi at rit.edu> wrote:

> Something else that's interesting regarding glaciers
> melting....
>
> I took a trip to Glacier Bay (Alaska) last summer.
> The glaciers here started to retreat about 200 years
> ago, long before the recent uptick in global
> greenhouse gas emissions.  If, indeed, global
> warming is taking place, it seems to have begun
> without our intervention.  We may (or may not) be
> exacerbating things, but our contribution (if any)
> is likely one of many - including the changing
> terrestrial orbit, increasing solar activity, etc.
>
> Andy

"It is not the job of public-affairs officers to alter, filter or
adjust engineering or scientific material produced by NASA's technical
staff."
MICHAEL D. GRIFFIN, NASA administrator.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS