[ RadSafe ] "State of Fear"

A Karam paksbi at rit.edu
Mon Feb 20 15:29:45 CST 2006

Something else that's interesting regarding glaciers melting....

I took a trip to Glacier Bay (Alaska) last summer.  The glaciers here started to retreat about 200 years ago, long before the recent uptick in global greenhouse gas emissions.  If, indeed, global warming is taking place, it seems to have begun without our intervention.  We may (or may not) be exacerbating things, but our contribution (if any) is likely one of many - including the changing terrestrial orbit, increasing solar activity, etc.

Andy