BULK: Re: [ RadSafe ] Can tritium produce bremsstrahlung?

John R Johnson idias at interchange.ubc.ca
Thu Feb 23 14:04:51 CST 2006

Tom et al

Yes, what you're missing is that the photon energy is as high as the
electron energy. That's what I was pointing out in my post yesterday and why
we were able to measure C-14, Pm-147, etc  in workers lungs. See below

John

8. 	MEASUREMENT OF 147Pm IN VIVO USING PHOSWICH DETECTORS
	J.R. Johnson
	AECL-5854 (1977).

9. 	WHOLE BODY RETENTION FOLLOWING AN INTRAVENOUS INJECTION OF 75Se AS
	SELENOMETHIONINE
	J.R. Johnson
	AECL-5868, Health Physics 33, (1977) 250-251.

69.	THE MEASUREMENT OF LOW ENERGY BETA PARTICLE EMITTING RADIONUCLIDES IN
THE LUNG USING 	PHOSWICH DETECTORS
	J. R. Johnson, E. S. Lamothe, and G. H. Kramer
	Radiation Protection Dosimetry, Vol. 20, No. 4 (1987) 267-269.

80.	LUNG RETENTION AND CLEARANCE CLASSIFICATION OF A 14C-CONTAINING AEROSOL
PRODUCED DURING RE-	TUBING OF A NUCLEAR REACTOR
	J. R. Johnson
	Health Physics, Vol. 57, Number 4 (October 1989) 645-647.