AW: [ RadSafe ] Critique of Busby

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Mon Feb 27 16:37:29 CST 2006

Dear Roger,

Yes, I have been able to download the Acrobat file.

But I think that you owe me (and hopefully "us") some clarification
concerning this person sending this unacceptable piece of *****.
RADSAFErs and other recipients,

Who is "Dan Fahey, Berkeley, California, USA"? Does he not have any
affiliation or address? How is it possible that somebody who obviously
claims to be an expert hides behind an address like duweapons at hotmail.com?
The "duweapons" is quite unusual and suspect, especially for a scientist,
and a hotmail-address is not really what I expect from a scientist, usually
working in the framework of a reputed scientific institution.

Second question: The words "Peer Review" surprise me. Is that Dan Fahey an
official reviewer of this paper? If yes: How can he distribute his "review"
(see below my comments on its unacdeptable quality) to other people? If he
is not an official reviewer he should refrain from calling his very poor and
wrong comments as "peer review".

Third question: Do we need such arcane peoples' comments on RADSAFE?

Concerning the comments: There are not only three major flaws in the paper
discussed. I have sent a very concise and accurate comment a few days ago to
RADSAFE and anybody interested in it may request me to forward it again.

The authors have not claimed anything regarding "natural uranium" - they
just converted some "uranium" (mass?) to Bq, not claiming whether it was
natural uranium, depleted or enriched uranium. Has this "duweapons" guy not
read the paper or probably not understood it?

I have shown clearly, that the statistical treatment of the data is more
than poor and that in my opinion there is no really evident rise in uranium
(whatever isotope it would be) concentrations. There is more, which I do not
want to repeat.

Everybody is invited to tell me if my reasoning is wrong.

Do we have another case of a person without any real knowledge posting to
RADSAFE (though via a member) as we had several ones during the last years?

Best regards,

Franz

P.S. This message will be sent to RADSAFE within a few minutes (23:34 Middle
European Wintertime). You will receive it much later, because my
contributions have to undergo an approval process. I do not complain about
this measure!

PS II: When I tried to send this message, the editor at ebab.eu.com could not
be identified - which might be another sign of a faked mail by "duweapons".

Franz Schoenhofer
PhD, MR iR
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna