[ RadSafe ] TFP - next questions

Muckerheide, James jimm at WPI.EDU
Fri Jan 6 01:04:46 CST 2006

Hi Steve,  A good response, but note that K40 is not cosmogenic.  It is a
primordial radionuclide, half-life 1.3 billion years, and makes up 0.000117
of natural potassium, which is essential for biology to function, and is a
significant source of direct radiation from the ground, especially in those
areas that have low natural uranium and thorium concentrations.

Regards, Jim Muckerheide