[ RadSafe ] TFP - next questions

AnaLog Services, Inc. AnaLog at logwell.com
Fri Jan 6 02:00:10 CST 2006

Indeed, in the well logging business, the radiation we rely on to identify
strata is from K-U-T, with the K being radioactive potassium of course.  In
addition to the gross counts giving clues to the basic stratigraphy (gross
count gamma ray logging), the proportion of the K-U-T components can tell us
about specific formations (spectral gamma ray logging).  It is thought that
most of the natural thermal gradient is attributable to those primordial
radionuclides, and it is mighty dern hot down there!

Syd H. Levine
AnaLog Services, Inc.
Phone:  270-276-5671
Telefax:  270-276-5588