[ RadSafe ] TFP - next questions

Jim Hardeman Jim_Hardeman at dnr.state.ga.us
Fri Jan 6 08:13:53 CST 2006

Jim / Steve *

Thanks for such excellent responses to James' assertions. I would only add to the discussion of chemoluminescence that the whole discussion of how LSC was performed on these samples is lacking. We could get into the esoterica of dark adaptation of samples, temperature control of samples, QA/QC in terms of how many blanks / splits / duplicates were performed, etc. etc. etc. Blindly believing sample results that come spitting out of a laboratory simply because a laboratory scientist wears a white coat and the printout came out of a computer doesn't strike me as the way I would want to do business. Does the laboratory that performed these Sr-90 analyses participate in any laboratory-intercomparison programs?

My $0.02 worth ...

Jim Hardeman, Manager
Environmental Radiation Program
Environmental Protection Division
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
4220 International Parkway, Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30354
(404) 362-2675
Fax: (404) 362-2653
E-mail: Jim_Hardeman at dnr.state.ga.us

>>> <StevenFrey at aol.com> 1/6/2006 3:11:28 >>>

Thanks, Jim. I stand corrected (was thinking C-14 rather than K-40), and am
flattered that anyone is reading my ramblings.

As for the point that Mr. Salsman was making that "K-40 or something  instead
of Sr-90....is killing kids", the larger response remains: there is no
credible scientific or statistical evidence of that claim, either.

Steve

In a message dated 1/6/2006 2:40:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,  jimm at WPI.EDU