[ RadSafe ] RE: Fw: [OEM] TIG Welding and Titanium face implants

Dimiter Popoff didi at tgi-sci.com
Mon Jan 16 08:20:45 CST 2006

>  I believe the issue here is whether the titanium implant can act as an
>  antenna and change electromagnetic energy (microwaves, RF, etc.) into
>  electrical current, and subsequently heat.

Yes, like any material with sufficient conductivity (although the welder will
not be a source to care about, this is, as already suggested, probably
just a joke).

> Copper and aluminum and silver and gold all make excellent antennas

Correct, they are all good conductors.

> and they are all definitely  ferromagnetic.

Definitely not. Try a magnet on either of these...

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff               Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com