[ RadSafe ] re: TIG and Ti Implants

Pete_Bailey at fpl.com Pete_Bailey at fpl.com
Tue Jan 17 13:41:06 CST 2006

Rather than discuss what we 'think' , why not:

   - Get some pieces of Ti material, just like the implants

   - expose to TIG welding environment, see what happens

Yes,  make it a slightly fancier experiment....Ti in TE plastic with temp
probes
      ( uncertainty issue: change in temp, if any, due to
          a.   Ti interaction with TIG plasma field
          b.   Temp probe interaction w/ TIG plasma field
          c.   Combo of both
         - - -OK, experiment gets a tad more complicated....

Have fun....Where's Mr. Wizard ( Bill Nye nowadays) when ya need him....
OK, we'll try MythBusters ....Buster, we've got Ti implants . . .

Ummmm, don't they ( airplane builders) TIG Weld Ti structural components ?