[ RadSafe ] DU is Responsible for Global Diabetes Epidemic!

Stewart Farber farbersa at optonline.net
Mon Jul 3 10:23:32 CDT 2006

Bob,
Thanks for posting this bizarre article which tries to make the claim that
DU is the problem with diabetes rather than the global epidemic of obesity
and numerous poor dietary habits which are part of the Western diet
[consumption of refined grains, sugar, etc.] documented as contributing to
increased diabetes risk when these dietary habits are adopted by a society.
It's quite clear that Dunkin' donuts, and Krispy Kremes are more of a
diabetes risk than DU. :-)

Has anyone ever suggested the award of a tribute to some "scientist" who
seeks to follow in the footsteps of the renowned anti-nuclear manipulator of
statistics, uniformly discredited by the US National Academy of Sciences,
Health Physics Society, etc., in the person of Ernest Sternglass.  This
"AWARD" would take the following general form, and we could call it the:
"Dr. Ernest Sternglass Wannabe Award"

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
radproject at aol.com

                                       "DR. ERNEST STERNGLASS WANNABE AWARD"

Whereas Dr. Ernest Sternglass linked radiation exposure to dozens of health
detriments such as the emergence of the AIDS virus in the Congo, and;
Whereas Dr. Ernest Sternglass made claims ...........[fill in the blank on
another unsubstantiated claim], and;
Whereas Ernest Sternglass made claims that....................[fill in the
blank on another unsubstantiated claim];

AND WHEREAS Dr. Sternglass' was repudiated by the US National Academy of
Sciences, the US Health Physics Society -a group of 6,000 radiation
protection professionals, the American Pediatric Association, the
French....[add details]........, the British Medical Council, etc., etc [add
3 or 6 or more scientific and medical groups which took a negative position
on Sternglass]:

and now in the discredited footsteps of Dr. Ernest Sternglass, Dr. CHRIS
BUSBY, without any statistically significant evidence supporting his claims,
and in the absence of any biological mechanism,  and with crudely
manipulated biostatistics has claimed that DU exposure to military personnel
and members of the public has been linked to:
.........[fill in with  some details related to diabetes];
.........[fill in with some details related to 2nd exaggerated claim];
.........[fill in with some details related to 3rd exaggerated claim];
.........[fill in the blank]; --cancer
.........[fill in the blank]; --etc.

WE HEREBY AWARD DR. BUSBY, the prestigious ERNEST STERNGLASS WANNABE AWARD,
in honor of Dr. Busby's tireless efforts to appear as a crusading hero to
innocent members of the public who cannot understand how cynically they are
being manipulated by a "scientist" intent on self-aggrandizement based upn
the publics' concern with risk of radiation exposure,  said concern being
exploited completely out of proportion to the known and proven risks of
radiation exposure gathered by legitimate scientists as a result of the
largest body of health and environmental research ever carried out by
mankind, gathered at a cost of many billions of dollars.

SIGNED/ENDORSED  BY: ________________________

Hope everyone has a great day celebrating the Independence of the US from
tyranny and oppression of thought.  Remember what Jefferson once wrote:

"I have sworn, upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form
of tyranny over the mind of man."