[ RadSafe ] Diabetes

Syd H. Levine syd.levine at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 3 22:04:54 CDT 2006

Mild cases of Type II diabetes can often be treated with diet and exercise.
More severe cases almost always require at least one of the oral Type II
drugs, and extreme cases may require insulin.  There is little doubt that
being obese dramatically increases the chances of winding up with Type II
diabetes, but a fair number of thin and fit individuals get it as well.  It
is postulated we have a predisposition to it as a species in general because
we did not evolve consuming very many carbohydrates (wild fruits and berries
would have been the main source).  Grain cultivation in the last 10,000 or
so years turned that on its head.

Type II has been falsely linked to radiation, and most recently to DU.  A
previously popular culprit was 1,1,1 Trichloroethane, but that has been
outlawed as an ozone depletor for coming on ten years now.  We are awash in
bad science.