AW: AW: [ RadSafe ] Cameron's refutation of "Alara Does Work" - Preemployment physicals

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Thu Jul 6 06:56:02 CDT 2006

Dear John,

if in fact a selection bias was operating against the assignment of applicants to a nuclear workplace by the persistent application of such "family history" regulations, this indeed would render the NSYW study immaterial regarding health effects from radiation.

The regulations which you kindly offered so far so that I could study them do not mention family history and others here familiar with such procedures reject it as a selection mechanism possibly affecting the bulk of the NSY workforce. Unless I can read documents proving otherwise, I prefer to discard it as an explanation for the improved health status of nuclear workers.

Kind regards, Rainer

Dr. Rainer Facius
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Aerospace Medicine