AW: [ RadSafe ] Cameron's refutation of "Alara Does Work" - Preemployment physicals

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 5 14:17:06 CDT 2006

Rainer,
Looking at the SF-93, would not that the revision data
is 1989, which is after I was no longer involved with
the review of medical records.  Remembering back more
than 20 years, I believe that the old SF-93 did have a
section for family history of cancer, leukemia,
cataracts.

Nevertheless, there are three blank lines on the front
page.  As noted in Section 2-5.(1)(a) "Use of an
overprint or rubber stamp on the SF-93 for the
required
supplemental history questions is acceptable. . . "

Both the SF-88 and SF-93 are standard forms which
could be augmented for specific types of exams, e.g,
submarine duty, aviaiton, or radiation.  I think those
were the only "special" programs.

http://navymedicine.med.navy.mil/Files/Media/directives/5055.pdf

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com