AW: AW: AW: [ RadSafe ] Cameron's refutation of "Alara Does Work" - Preemployment physicals

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Fri Jul 7 10:15:29 CDT 2006

Thank you John,

these copies indeed prove your claim that in the Standard Form 93, REPORT OF MEDICAL HISTORY (rev. Oct. 1974), at least until 1994, i.e., for a substantial part of the NSYW study, the question as to a family history of cancer was included. Of course, as Robert Gunter has remarked, if this had led automatically to an exclusion of an applicant, then a rather small fraction of the population would have qualified.

So the major question remaining is, to what extent a check in this box precluded an applicant to become a nuclear worker in the shipyards. I will try to find out what the Matanoski report has to say about that.

Until then best regards, Rainer (who will be off the office until the beginning of August)

Dr. Rainer Facius
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Aerospace Medicine
Linder Hoehe