[ RadSafe ] Dose to Mae Keane -Way to narrow down exposure-Addendum

Bolling, Jason E bollingje at Ports.USEC.com
Wed Jul 12 09:35:21 CDT 2006

After reviewing the 98 page table from the reference, there is only one
case that exactly matches the parameters described below.  This is case
05-374 on Page 178 of the study.  Zero dose was listed for this case.

There are seven other cases that agree with the year of birth and the
year of first exposure but have exposure durations ranging from 3 weeks
to 17 weeks with doses from 0 to 1458 cGy.  They are:
Case		Total Dose from Ra-226 and Ra-228 (cGy)
01-101	0
01-351	0
03-564	20
03-722	29
05-049	45
05-103	15
11-016	1458

While going through the table I initially included about 50 cases as
being "close" to the three parameters.  A notable case from this subset
is case 03-499 which had a birth date of 1905, an initial exposure date
of 1924, but at 56 weeks of exposure, I felt was too far outside the
"couple of months" to be the Mae Keane case.  This case was the highest
exposed of this small group of 50 at 2660 cGy.

This would have been much easier and less prone to my error if the data
had been available in some kind of text format rather than a scanned
PDF.  Others are welcome to take a look at the data for themselves to
see if I missed anything.

Cheers,

Jason Bolling