[ RadSafe ] Baggage Inspection X-ray Systems

Bray, Linda G. LINDA.G.BRAY at saic.com
Mon Jul 31 13:06:22 CDT 2006

Mike, there are several guides and then some real regulations that
apply.  The regulations are from FDA, for cabinet xray systems.  There
are also state regulations that apply if you are not under Federal
jurisdiction at the inspection site. Then there are some ANSI standards
for the general performance/imaging criteria and the rad safety.  These
are all currently under revision.  If you give me a call at 858 826
9664, I can direct you to the specific ones for your operation.  I am
the radiation safety officer at SAIC, and I am on several of the ANSI
standards for this area.