[ RadSafe ] Editorial: (Nuclear) Waste Matters

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 8 09:45:56 CDT 2006

Syd,
I am not sure if Dr. Long is a good doctor.  My issues
with him is his inability for present clear evidence
of what he says.  Generally, I do not take his or
anyones opinions as facts.  I also do not expect to
take my opinions as facts.  Poor science and poor
thinking does not make for good arguements.  Saying
something over and over again that is not valid does
not make it so.  Do you have any problems with these
comments?

Personnaly, I would like to see new nuclear power
plant constructions for a many reasons.  I would also
like to see recycling of fuel.  However, the deciding
factor will be economics and political.  Since the
generation of nuclear power in the hands of
corporations, the driving force for new construction
will be the profits that can be made over the life of
the plant.  My feeling is that if (1) coal is cheap to
mine; (2) coal plants are cheap to build; (3) cheap to
operate; and (4) last as long as nuclear power plants,
we will see more coal in the energy mix.  Recycling is
both a political issue than and economic one.  If it
is cheaper to mine for uranium than to recycle, we are
not encouraging recycling.

--- "Syd H. Levine" <syd.levine at mindspring.com> wrote:

> John hates the good doctor, and never misses a
> chance to nit pick.
> Personally, I have nothing but the highest regard
> for our resident healer,
> and John only harms his credibility with his
> constant harping and sniping at
> the good doctor.  Everyone knows what Howard meant
> when he mentioned the
> interests and incorrectly referred to them as
> applications.  There is a sea
> change underway, and even John cannot deny it.
>
> In my own business, I am seeing a resurgence of
> uranium mining activity as
> evidenced by multiple recent inquiries concerning
> mineral logging in south
> Texas and elsewhere, and the use of prompt fission
> logging for in situ
> uranium assaying in particular.
>
> Syd H. Levine
> AnaLog Services, Inc.
> Phone:  270-276-5671
> Telefax:  270-276-5588
> E-mail:  analog at logwell.com

"You get a lot more authority when the workforce doesn't think it's amateur hour on the top floor."
GEN. MICHAEL V. HAYDEN, President Bush's nominee for C.I.A. director.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com