[ RadSafe ] Re: Low background Shielding Material

Dimiter Popoff didi at tgi-sci.com
Thu Jun 8 17:41:29 CDT 2006

A possible explanation might be one which I stumbled into
about 15 years ago when I was looking for a lead source
for shielding. I was told that the bricks in the industrial
ovens contain some 60Co put there intentionally so the
wall thinkness could be continuously monitored as it wears
out. (I was also told a story which must be several decades
old now how the lead of a village's old mosk turned out to
be handy... well I think they had it replaced not just
taken and got away with it anyway without too much minority
rights screams etc. :-) .

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff               Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com