[ RadSafe ] Follow-up Studies on DU exposed Veterans

Stewart Farber farbersa at optonline.net
Wed Jun 14 10:05:11 CDT 2006

Hi all,
Regarding Elaine Hunter, she worked for a while for American Atomics back in
the late 1970s and is mentioned in the following link. This facility handled
and released tritium and she quit claiming safety problems. Exposure to
workers was in the mrem range apparently.

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
--------------------
See:

http://www.ratical.org/radiation/KillingOurOwn/KOO10.html

Tritium in Tucson, Wastes Worldwide
Scroll down to:
Tritium in the Cake

EXCERPT:
Finally, American Atomics employee Elaine Hunter blasted the company in a
letter printed in the local Arizona Daily Star. She was quitting work at
American Atomics, she said, "not in fear of radioactivity," but "in disgust
and anger that those greedy men were making a fast buck while jeopardizing
the physical and emotional well-being of those involved with the fabrication
of their product.[8]
8. Elaine Hunter, letter to the Arizona Daily Star, April 15, 1979.