[ RadSafe ] Follow-up Studies on DU exposed Veterans

jjcohen at prodigy.net jjcohen at prodigy.net
Tue Jun 20 15:06:29 CDT 2006

The radionuclide involved in the American Atomics incident was tritium and
the resultant exposure levels were trivial by most rational standards.
Nevertheless the state and federal "authorities" made a big deal over it at
the time (as I recall, even the National Guard was called out). IMHO, the
incident generated much hysteria, and I believe I believe Ms. Hunter
suffered from a severe case of radiophobia .