[ RadSafe ] Re: Cancer reduction by Radiation

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 10:56:39 CDT 2006

Dr. Long,
Radiation is used to treat many medical conditions
beyound diagnosis and cancer therapy.  I sent a list
to Jim Muckerheide, and can also send it to you if you
need one.

Your office must be very crowded with sacks of KCl
only 8 inches away.  Obviously, your wife does not
have the same convinctions about radiation you do. Why
not?  Can't you convince her?

As a physician, I would believe that you could
prescibe ionizing radiation to treat gangrene.  It is
your responsibility to offer your patient the best
treatments.

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> John,
>   Prescription of radiation will gradually resume, I
> predict.
>
>   My sacks of KCl lie 8" away in my office, instead
> of under my mattress
>   because of my wife's disinclination.
>   My belt with taped-on thorium welding rods lays on
> them, unused because it's unhandy and would provide
> only local exposure.
>   The diabetic with foot gangrene I just saw, might
> have been saved being hospitalized for 7 weeks had I
> access to radiation treatment like 60 years ago (now
> put out of business by "malpractice" lawyers).
>
>   Consumer-controlled health care (like HSAs) and
> the increasing consumer knowledge of health, the
> market, will "advance man to the next level beyond
> the industrial and information revolutions"
> (Hiserodt finale for Ch22 on Energy in
> "Underexposed: What if Radiation is Good for You?")
> Hiserodt, B Cohen, Ted Rockwell and George Gilder
> are among speakers who can be questioned Aug 5 at
> Portland State U DDP meeting,
>   program at www.oism.org/ddp
>
>   Howard Long
>
> John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
>   Syd,
> If you believe that low radiation is good for your
> health, what have you done to increase your
> radiation
> exposure?
>
> Can you cite any articles that show low doses of
> radiation are better than statin drugs?
>
> Dr. Long, HAVE you prescibe low dose of radiation
> rather than statin drugs for your patients?
>
> --- "Syd H. Levine" wrote:
>
> > Dr. Long:
> >
> > Well said, and you certainly help put the debate
> > over LNT in perspective.
> >
> > Half the adult population in this country has been
> > convinced to take
> > statins, yet the evidence that a nice radiation
> dose
> > would help a great deal
> > more than statins ever could is profoundly more
> > convincing!
> >
> > Syd H. Levine
> > AnaLog Services, Inc.
> > Phone: (270) 276-5671
> > Telefax: (270) 276-5588
> > E-mail: analog at logwell.com
> > Web URL: www.logwell.com

"You get a lot more authority when the workforce doesn't think it's amateur hour on the top floor."
GEN. MICHAEL V. HAYDEN, President Bush's nominee for C.I.A. director.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com