[ RadSafe ] Cameron's refutation of "Alara Does Work" - Pre employment physicals

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 30 08:57:01 CDT 2006

Look under Section 2-4 "Standards" on page 15 at
http://navymedicine.med.navy.mil/Files/Media/directives/5055.pdf
I believed that the shipyards used the same guidance
document.  If it had a different title, I forgot what
is was.

I know of a couple instances where individuals were
medically disqualified.

--- "Robert J. Gunter" <rjgunter at chpconsultants.com>
wrote:

> Having been the recipient of many pre-employment
> physicals (civilian rad
> worker and the Navy version of the same), it has not
> been my experience that
> a doctor has any real say in what someone will be
> doing.  This is aside from
> the obvious case where a potential worker cannot
> function in a work
> environment or otherwise fails the physical.
>
> The most common failure I have seen is failure to
> qualify to wear a
> respirator.
>
> Robert J. Gunter, CHP
> CHP Consultants
> Oak Ridge, TN
> Ph:  (865) 387-0028
> Fax: (865) 483-7189
> rjgunter at chpconsultants.com
> Products and Services at:
> www.chpconsultants.com

"You get a lot more authority when the workforce doesn't think it's amateur hour on the top floor."
GEN. MICHAEL V. HAYDEN, President Bush's nominee for C.I.A. director.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com