[ RadSafe ] Government scrutinizes strategic importance of nuclear medicine research

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 08:20:47 CST 2006

Maury,
Here is the reponse from one of out researchers.

--------------
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 8:13 PM
To: Jacobus, John (NIH/OD/ORS) [E]
Subject: Re: Where do you get your information on
radionuclides from Russia?

They read the literature; really, they can read......

I've had 5 different groups of Russians in my office
claiming that they each had exclusive Gov't control on
exporting Ac-225 - they all want to sell it at the DOE
price w/o any proof that they actually have any and
that it's any good or pure as well.

I deal with Isonics now and they deal with the
Russians and that works for me - I'm tired of Russian
Mafia front men in my office trying to sell me
isotopes.