[ RadSafe ] Fwd: French Academie des Sciences

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 10:20:22 CST 2006

Jim,
Thanks for the update.  However, what is the reference
for the Tubiana/Aurengo paper?  My interests still
remain health physics, radiation science and medical
physics, so I would not follow a lot of the
radiobiology literature.  I am sure that if something
really important involving the LNT or hormesis had
come out, it would have made the scientific journals,
like Nature or Science.

Nevertheless, I will see about getting the second
reference in Radiation Environmental Biophysics.

--- "Muckerheide, James" <jimm at WPI.EDU> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> If you were up to date on the literature you would
> know that the paper is
> from last year, but the Tubiana/Aurengo paper is
> more recent. :-)
>
> I didn't think they were the same.  I just opened my
> PDF of their paper (Oct
> 05, but I think the issue was late coming out) and
> the PDF is corrupted. :-(
>
> There is a later brief paper by them (with D.
> Averbeck and Roland Masse), in
> a "debate" format with a brief paper by Dave Brenner
> and Rainer Sachs
> defending the LNT (referring to BEIR VII!?)  It was
> online-before-print in
> Radiat. Environ. Biophys. about a month ago.
>
> Regards, Jim

"It is not the job of public-affairs officers to alter, filter or
adjust engineering or scientific material produced by NASA's technical
staff."
MICHAEL D. GRIFFIN, NASA administrator.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS