[ RadSafe ] Fentograms - Testing by Axel Gerdes

Roger Helbig rhelbig at california.com
Thu Mar 9 04:47:09 CST 2006

Radsafers, what can you tell me about the quality of testing by Axel Gerdes, the use of a Fentogram as unit of measurement, and anything else about this supposed double blind testing of the urine of former NY National Guardsman Gerard Matthew ..  I am also looking for more information about the Pediatrician who has supposedly confirmed that the birth defects in Matthew's daughter were due to Matthew's alleged exposure to DU - (I am still looking for his name and hospital affiliation)

Thanks

Roger Helbig

Earlier this year (2004), The (New York Daily) News submitted urine samples from Guardsmen of the 442nd to former Army doctor Asaf Durakovic and Axel Gerdes, a geologist at Goethe University in Frankfurt, Germany. The German lab specializes in testing for minute quantities of uranium, a complicated procedure that costs up to $1,000 per test.
The lab is one of approximately 50 in the world that can detect quantities as tiny as fentograms - one part per quadrillionth.