[ RadSafe ] We are approaching the 20th anniversary of the Chernobyl accident.

Emil kerrembaev at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 22:40:17 CST 2006

Franz,

Has it been that long?
20 years have passed ...Cs-134 is gone below the MDAs and Cs-137 is
almost half way out....

I read your comment about the 20th anniversary and I can not agree
with you more. You have been around long enough to know what will
happen.
However,I may said it before.
We have to initiate this discussion before the news reporters do that
for us?
Every year, we are on the defensive side.

Physiologically, people get this kind of impression:

"Hmmmm, if they are defending, they must be hiding something"
Am I right?

What I am saying is, the first voice is the important one and not to
wait until reporters write something sensational...and then try to
defend or call them uneducated or stupid or whatever, it does NOT
matter what anybody will say if that is the SECOND voice (period)

Cruel? Yes it is. But so this life is.

99.9999% times people listen to the first voice/info and they already
form their opinion based on this first voice/info.
If of course, they had no opinion before.
It is almost impossible to change somebody's opinion, unless some
thing a very extra ordinary happens; things like a very cold winter
or a very hot summer and not enough electricity or someone close was
cured by the radiation therapy. So it almost a miracle or a magnitude
of the national disaster case when people are changing their opinions
about the subjects like nuclear or anything from the same category.

Headlines = public opinion(period)
In the 21th century when there so much of information is passing
thru, NO chance that the second voice/info can be HEARD.....NO
CHANCE.
NOT on the TV or Newspapers or Internet. Nobody is reading editors
retractions, but almost everyone reads headlines and subject lines.

I still can not believe it's been 20 years ago....
A Generation ago.....hmmm I am getting old :-)

I can not say a Happy 20th anniversary, but that it was 20-surviving
years, sometimes it was like fun, the others.... well some of us have
not survived....it was alright ride.

Peace.

Emil.

From: Franz Sch?nhofer <franz.schoenhofer at chello.at>
Subject: AW: AW: AW: [ RadSafe ] Fentograms - Testing by Axel Gerdes
John,

We are approaching the 20th anniversary of the Chernobyl accident. I
expect
that the European mass media will be filled with Chernobyl stories,
supposedly the US ones much less, because Chernoyl is much farther
away.
Your comment on the dangers of cell phones is exactly at point!

My comment on the "fentograms" was intended to demonstrate the fact
that
these news media do not care at all for any scientific content of
what they
print - they do not even copy the originally given units correctly.
Or would
anybody believe that the researchers gave their findings in
"fentograms"?

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer