AW: AW: [ RadSafe ] Fears promoted by anti-nuclear Greens

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Tue Mar 14 02:38:08 CST 2006

Franz:

"Any small amount of ionizing radiation poses a deadly threat."

This or one of its many variations _is_ the layman's version of the LNT-postulate!

Whether outspoken or not, fear from that deadly threat promoted (or even exploited) by the media is the driving force for the majority of the population which is misled by those agitators which promote their own special agendas of various kinds.

Yes, radiation protection as a public enterprise is a predominantly political affair - and in the final analysis no one can hold politicians accountable for their decisions. The worst that can happen to them is not being re-elected and then being forced to spend their huge pensions for travelling around the world.

Yet, should scientists stay aside, being content that it is not their responsibility if politicians ruin public affairs due to their negligence of science which after all has been funded by public money too.

How far fetched is it to assign some share of responsibility for the victims of radiophobia also to those scientists who promote - willingly or otherwise - this mental illness? I consider the young man as one of these victims of negligent scientists who recently lost his legs and his life in a mistaken attempt to save the world from the dangers of nuclear energy in tying himself to the rails in order to block a CASTOR transport. I myself studied yesterday my energy bill and felt victimized too when adding up my contributions to the enforced funding of uneconomic unpromising alternate energies.

Kind regards, Rainer