AW: [ RadSafe ] Fears promoted by anti-nuclear Greens

John R Johnson idias at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Mar 15 13:42:45 CST 2006

John et al

LNT is the "linear, non threshold" assumption of radiation dose and risk. It
is necessary, in my opinion, so that doses at different rates and amounts
can be summed. The sum is than used for radiation "protection", but should
not be used for radiation "risk".

Another assumption we all seem to accept is that we all have the same risk,
but we know that a persons radiation risk depends on their age, sex, genes,
etc.

We could not control or limit risk without these assumptions.

Therefore I consider LNT to be necessary.

John Johnson