[ RadSafe ] Re: LNT= "practical" regulation?

Robert Atkinson robert.atkinson at genetix.com
Thu Mar 16 02:21:14 CST 2006

The UV analogy is interesting.
There is no regulatory (OSHA) limit for shortwave (254nm) UV exposure in the USA. I had a discussion with a UL inspector recently about this (he wanted to know the protection factor and life of an acrylic shielding door) he backed down when I presented this fact. There is a recommended limit by the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH). Given the known dangers of UV this seems rather strange.

Robert Atkinson.