[ RadSafe ] Pregnat patient policies

degriffiths at adelphia.net degriffiths at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 20 10:32:19 CST 2006

> > Or do you just have the techs verbally ask the patients if they are pregnant?
>
> Anything that is verbal can later be refuted. Always better to
> document anything that may be required in litigation down the road.

Which is why I asked this question. The radiology administrator wanted to institute a form that every childbearing female signs saying that they are not pregnant. In one of the meetings about this, a few people said this was overkill and we did not need it. They wanted to know what the "industry standard" was for this type of form. (Of course legal loved the idea).

Diane Griffiths