[ RadSafe ] Re: Kansas to let nuclear plant guards "shoot to kill"

Michael Bohan mike.bohan at yale.edu
Fri Mar 24 16:16:53 CST 2006

Hello Stewart and RadSafers;

I have seen examples of acoustic weapons and for the most part they
have been impractical, but check out this underwater proposal that has
recently appeared in the current issue of Popular Science.

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/whatsnew/
abcd80b13832a010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

With regard to the "Shoot to Kill Order", my father was a police
officer and after he retired from the police, he was a security
supervisor at a nuclear power plant and he always told me that if you
pull your weapon and you're going to shoot, you always "Shoot to Kill".
  So this is nothing new, it's just warning the wackos, that they
shouldn't test the system, unless they're willing to risk having a
"very bad day".

Regards,

Mike Bohan, RSO
Yale-New Haven Hospital
Radiological Physics
20 York St. - WWW 204
New Haven, CT 06510
Tele: (203) 688-2950
Fax: (203) 688-8682
Email: mike.bohan at yale.edu

This message originates from Yale New Haven Health System. The
information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential. If you are the intended recipient, you must maintain this
message in a secure and confidential manner. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy
this message. Thank you.