[ RadSafe ] Re: Kansas to let nuclear plant guards "shoot to kill"

NeilKeeney at aol.com NeilKeeney at aol.com
Fri Mar 24 18:04:31 CST 2006

Mike and Stu:

I also recall seeing a ten-second sound-bite on an acoustical  contraption
that had originally been patented in France - long ago.   As I recall, a lab
test of the full-scale model resulted in the prompt  death of one of the
technicians (organs converted to something akin  to a gelatinous plasma) in the
immediate area and further development for  a meaningful practical application,
other than killing lab techs, was  abandoned at least publicly.  It does not
surprise me at all to find  that it may have been sucked 'underground' to the
weapons  application arena...

Neil Keeney

_mike.bohan at yale.edu_ (mailto:mike.bohan at yale.edu)   writes:

I  have seen examples of acoustic weapons and for the most part they
have been impractical, but check out this underwater proposal that  has
recently appeared in the current issue of Popular  Science.

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/whatsnew/
abcd80b13832a010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

Mike Bohan,  RSO