AW: [ RadSafe ] Dirty Bomb Material Report?

Raymond A Hoover ray2hoover at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 01:28:32 CST 2006

I just read the report.  It does not state how much material was bought.  The report states "...we purchased a small amount of radioactive sources and one container used to store and transport the material from a commercial source over the telephone".  It doesn't say how they managed to have the one container at two seperate points at the same time.  The purchases were made over the telephone.

  The report states that two border crossings were made simultaneously, one on the Canadian border and the other on the Mexican border and that counterfeit documentation was used in the crossings.

  In both cases the sources were detected by CBP and that the counterfeit documents were examined.  In both cases the Border Officers questioned the investigators.

Franz Schönhofer <franz.schoenhofer at chello.at> wrote:
  I read the story on USA today - online, though it sounded a little
different. The NRC has - according to USA today - stated, that the material
involved was available without a license and not suitable for a "dirty
bomb". USA today or rather GAO did not reveal what the material was and how
much it was.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer