[ RadSafe ] Dirty Bomb Material Crosses Border

John R Johnson idias at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Mar 29 09:21:05 CST 2006

Stewart et al

The Th-Nat progeny (Tl-208) also has a high energy gamma emission (2.6 MeV)
which makes Th-Nat easy to monitor for and identify. Tl-208 is the progeny
of Th-224 and therefore it decrease with time after the seperation of Ra-228
to about 0.3 of the value for Th-232 before ingrowing back to  unity. For
more details see

THORIUM METABOLISM AND DOSIMETRY; J. R. Johnson, A. Birchall, R.L. Hill, and
N. Jarvis Presented at Commission of the European Communities (CEC0 Health
Effects of Internally Deposited Radionuclides Conference April 18-22 (1994);
pp. 27-31 in Proceedings EUR 15877 EN; World Scientific Publishing.

John
 _________________
John R Johnson, Ph.D.
97.