[ RadSafe ] 60 Minutes feature on Hanford last night

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Mon May 1 16:02:48 CDT 2006

On 1 May 2006 at 13:50, John Jacobus wrote:

> I think the real issue was
> government's wasteful spending and lack of contract oversight.

John,

That too was my perception. I think that the DOE spokes-person didn't
do himself any favours when he stated that when you have these large
projects, mistakes will be made, considering that they were talking
billions of dollars wasted and another 5 to 10 years added on after
scrapping most of the work due to lack of "correct" specifications
and non-approval of the construction, while still continuing with
construction.

I don't know the facts and can only evaluate what I saw. THere are
those out there (and here on Radsafe) who do know more of the
intimate details. I am sure that this episode will attract more
negative media attention, also considering the Chernobyl 20th
Anniversary.

-------------------------------------
Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714  Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at earthlink.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/