[ RadSafe ] Re: radsafe Digest, Vol 41, Issue 3

Jay Caplan uniqueproducts at comcast.net
Tue May 2 15:28:31 CDT 2006

Dr. Ellison,
Thank you for your inquiry. I have had calculations re this first exposure
that it was approximately 4 R.

Later smaller exposures I have used three times about 2 months apart
beginning in the early fall were on a smaller machine at a more convenient
location at a lower dosage, these were 70 kVP, 10 mA, 10 seconds, 90 cm from
torso.

I have been in perfect health without illness this entire year period.
Anecdotally, I suspect immune function has been increased as there were two
occasions over the year where I had low grade fevers in the evening for 2-3
days that never progressed into any illness or flu, almost like the fever
had pre-empted the illness. Additionally, a bruise injury to the thigh
generated a lot more swelling and a small evening fever for several days,
when this type of injury never would have reacted this much pre-radiation.

Best wishes,
Jay Caplan

> Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 05:14:04 -0400
> From: "Karl Ellison" <ellison1 at localnet.com>
> Subject: [ RadSafe ] Update?: First Ever Intentional Hormetic X-Ray
> Exposure ?
> To: <radsafe at radlab.nl>
>
> Would Jay Caplan give the group an update to his radiation hormesis
> treatments that began a year ago? (below)
>
> | This Wednesday at an orthopaedic surgeon's office I had a prophylactic
> | hormetic X-ray treatment for immune function stimulus/cancer prevention.
> | do not know if this is the first one ever done exclusively for this
> purpose;
> | if anyone else is doing similar, let's share our protocol with everyone.
> |
> | I have read all the literature I could find over the last 9 months
> | concerning radiation and chemical hormesis, and that hope posting my
> | experiences will help us get over our fear of low dose radiation and
begin
> | using it for health purposes. I intend to continue these prophylactic
> | hormetic treatements or similar on a quarterly basis, as a minimum.
> |
> | The machine was a Medicor M325 Milestone. No film used. Settings were
2.0
> | seconds, 100 mA, and 125 kVp which were the maximum for the machine. We
> | exposed a field 49.5 cm full torsal width x 50.0 cm from 2nd intercostal
> | space to 2 inches below the iliac crest.. Five of these AP exposures
were
> | made consecutively. Head and throat lead protected. The machine required
> 165
> | seconds to cool off after each exposure before re-exposure was possible.
> |
> | We had hoped these totaled 1+R exposure, perhaps someone can calculate
the
> | amount delivered. I am 51 yrs, 73 inches, 201 lb, good health. After the
> | exposures, slight fatigue was noticed (similar to after light workout)
for