[ RadSafe ] Th-201 and portal monitors

Larry Addis ajess at CLEMSON.EDU
Tue Nov 21 12:10:37 CST 2006

This reminds me of back in the late 80's when I was managing a nuclear services contract at a power reactor on the east coast. I had about 150 hp techs and chemist etc. and needed every one of them. One of my guys who was over 40 years old was given a Th-201 stress test for his respiratory physical. I had to use him outside the controlled area for weeks, because one could not verify that no surface contamination was present on his skin/cloths when he would exit the controlled area monitors. I made sure that never happened again.

L. Addis, RSO
Clemson University