[ RadSafe ] Po-210 Lethal dose

Ellars, Charles Charles.Ellars at qsa-global.com
Mon Nov 27 13:44:14 CST 2006

I read in some account the amount of 5 Gy for this ex-spy which is
probably not based on anything and is a wild guess.  But for arguments
sake...  Since Table 1 of Appendix B 10 CFR 20 shows the oral ingestion
ALI (daily) as 3 uCi for Po-210, that suggests he would need to have
swallowed approximately 3 mCi of Po-210 to get that dose.  My question:
Is that a legitimate way to ball park the ingestion amount? Or is there
a more appropriate way to do it.  Thanks.

On October 10th 2005, we changed our name to QSA Global Inc.
As QSA Global Inc., we remain committed to providing you with the same level of world class service you have come to expect from AEA Technology QSA, Inc.
This transmission contains information which may be confidential and
which may also be privileged. It is intended for the named addressee
only. Unless you are the named addressee, or authorized to receive it
on behalf of the addressee you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please
contact the sender. Thank you for your cooperation.