AW: [ RadSafe ] Significant results in abstracts

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Fri Oct 6 11:31:07 CDT 2006

Not really, John:

Of course I did read the paper including 9 papers quoted by Gotzsche to make sure I grasp the context. Only afterwards did I post.

In doing so, I was thinking of the BEIR VII-2 committee which at least in 4 cases quoted (approvingly) 'momentous' radioepidemiological studies apparently only from reading the abstracts, where the text and/or the data do not sustain or rather contradict the claim made in the abstract.

Furthermore, ALL radioepidemiological studies are covered by Pubmed.

BTW: Regarding one of these studies, a member of the ICRP main commission remarked in a recent controversial 'public' discussion to me: "Forget about this study" (one which supported BEIR-VII and hence was distinctively endorsed by them) and regarding a more recent one (even more 'momentous'): "This one is even worse".

So, I have every reason to allege that the finding of Gotzsche pertains to radioepidemiological studies too - including those claiming to uphold the LNT postulate.

Kind regards, Rainer

Dr. Rainer Facius
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Aerospace Medicine