AW: [ RadSafe ] Nuke meltdown may have caused cancers

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Sun Oct 8 19:38:15 CDT 2006

Oct. 8

	Now that I've stopped laughing . . . .

	This meltdown appears to have actually happened.  The uproar about health
effects is being guided by the usual claque of anti-nukers.  We have this
Santa Susanna Field Laboratory Advisory Panel.  Who serves on it?  At this
link <http://www.ssflpanel.org/members.htm> we first find Steve Wing.  We
all remember him, don't we?  Next we find Daniel Hirsch, president of the
Committee to Bridge the Gap.  This is an anti-nuclear and general
scare-mongering organization.  Also on the Panel are David Lochbaum of the
Union of Concerned Scientists, and the late Alice Stewart.  There are other
members whose names I do not recognize.

	I can't get any of the linked Advisory Panel reports to open so I can't
comment on them.  I can just about guess what they will be like.

Steven Dapra
sjd at swcp.com