[ RadSafe ] Re: radsafe Digest, Vol 65, Issue 1

Efforrer at aol.com Efforrer at aol.com
Mon Oct 16 16:22:39 CDT 2006

In a message dated 10/16/2006 7:21:12 AM Pacific Standard Time,

Date:  Sat, 14 Oct 2006 09:58:52 -0400
From: cehn at aol.com
Subject: [ RadSafe ]  x-ray tube fade
To: _radsafe at radlab.nl_ (mailto:radsafe at radlab.nl)

Dental x-ray units aren't usually used at such long exposures.  I  would
guess you are overheating the tube. If you overheat it too badly you can  damage
it and have one upset dentist on you hands.  I did x-ray unit  inspections for
Oregon right after I got out of the navy.  My boss  constantly warned us about
damaging tubes by pushing them too hard.  Dental  units are usually a fixed
cathode rather than a rotating one such as you see in  hospitals so more prone
to damage and  overheating.