[ RadSafe ] Rad in Hawaii

Sandy Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Tue Apr 3 09:13:53 CDT 2007

Found this snippet. I was at this geothermal location. Impressive site to
see.

"The Hawaii geothermal area includes the Puna Geothermal Venture, which is
located about 21 miles south of Hilo on the Big Island of Hawaii. The
facility is situated along the Lower East Rift Zone of the Kilauea Volcano.
At the Puna Geothermal Venture, geothermal fluid is brought to the surface
through production wells, which tap into the resource at a depth of almost a
mile. The steam, along with its non-condensable gases, is routed to the
power plant and used to produce electricity for the Big Island of Hawaii."

Here is a  reference:

HAWAII AND GEOTHERMAL WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING?
http://geoheat.oit.edu/bulletin/bull23-3/art4.pdf

Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
Tel: (949) 419-1000 Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/
Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/

But I would think that Hawaii has geothermal potential comparable to
Iceland, no ?

 Jaro