[ RadSafe ] Marine solar in Hawaii

Neill Stanford stanford at stanforddosimetry.com
Tue Apr 3 11:15:48 CDT 2007

Jaro,
You are talking about normal old photovoltaic cells, right? What degrades so
rapidly? Unprotected, or even protected, connections are sitting ducks for
salt and sun. But protecting and maintaining electrics in a marine
environment is to be expected. Do you mean something else that makes solar
panels extra vulnerable in sun and salt? Other than an easily removed salt
film if the spray is up, I am not sure what is degrading.

Thanks,

Neill Stanford, CHP
Stanford Dosimetry, LLC
(360) 527 2627