[ RadSafe ] Rad in Hawaii

Tue Apr 3 12:22:29 CDT 2007

 I was thinking of all solar power applications.  Heating water is a
prime example: I'll bet not one in a hundred businesses that use hot
water even pre-heat, let alone get all their heat, from solar, even if
they only operate during the day.  With modest imagination solar hot
water heater for homes could be made attractive and almost maintained
free.  Photoelectric might present some technical difficulties, but I am
confident that there are solutions.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaro [mailto:jaro-10kbq at sympatico.ca]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 7:35 PM
To: Brennan, Mike (DOH); radsafe at radlab.nl
Subject: RE: [ RadSafe ] Rad in Hawaii

Mike Brennan wrote:

<snip>
Personally, I think that there are few places where solar power makes as
much sense as Hawaii.  Though you would want to take the panels down in
case of typhoon.

As it turns out, ocean environments are very tough on photoelectric
solar power, degrading the panels rapidly.
Maybe you were thinking solar thermal ?
But I would think that Hawaii has geothermal potential comparable to
Iceland, no ?

 Jaro