[ RadSafe ] The French health ministry has ordered an indepen dent inquiry into the affair.

BRISSON Nicolas nicolas.brisson at irsn.fr
Wed Apr 4 02:37:12 CDT 2007

Between 2001 and 2006 421 patients have had radiotherapy treatment for
prostate cancer.
Around 30 have been delivered 78 Gy as a "test" by the hospital crew. There
should have been a signed agreement from these patients to be part of this
test, which has not been the case.

The values of 70 to 78 Gy were the treatment doses to be delivered to the
patient, but they all received higher doses (around 6 more Gy) due to the
scanning of the patient (I apologize if it's not the right term, this isn't
really my field of work) done before each session.
This scanning wasn't taken into account in the general treatment dose.

Nicolas Brisson
IRSN/DEI/SIAR
31, rue de l'Ecluse
78116 LE VESINET