[ RadSafe ] Fw: [NoMoreDU] Fw: DU bill PASSED!! New challenge:Gov.Lingle

pcharp pcharp at comcast.net
Fri Apr 13 06:27:33 CDT 2007

regarding the variable concentration of U-234/U-238 in waters, the USEPA in
one of their very early reports (during the late 1980s/early 1990) stated
that the concentrations of U-234 in groundwater was greater than U-238 and
the thought was that this was related to decay recoil. The EPA set the early
Maximum Contaminant Level on this "discovery." See the 1986 and 1991 EPA
Safe Drinking Water Act regulations for more detail.

A couple of references you might want to review include the Federal Register
Vol 65, page 21576 (April 21, 2000)

Longtin, J.P. ''Occurrence of Radon, Radium, and Uranium in Groundwater.''
JAWWA. Vol. 80, No. 7, pp. 84–93. July 1988.

paul charp

--
pc