[ RadSafe ] Re: NRC says new nuclear plants should be plane-proof

LNMolino at aol.com LNMolino at aol.com
Wed Apr 25 12:59:17 CDT 2007

In a message dated 4/25/2007 12:12:54 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Mike.Brennan at DOH.WA.GOV writes:

What I  would like the "terrorists could crash a plane into it" opponents
of power  plants to address is why they are not equally concerned about
sports  stadiums.  There are far more stadiums than nuclear power plants,
and  none of them are remotely able to withstand a crashing commercial
jet  aircraft.  Where is the outrage that stadiums ignore this risk?   Are
the people who attend sporting events not worthy of being protected  by
the concern of Activists? (OK, I will spot them NASCAR, but how  about
the others?)

Yes but the PUBLIC tends to think if you did this at a Nuke Plant you would
end up with Hiroshima and Nagasaki all over. It is their ignorance and lack of
 education that you (as in the PRO NUKE crowd) fight and the same thing that
the ANTI's use to their advantage.

Louis N.  Molino, Sr., CET
FF/NREMT-B/FSI/EMSI
Freelance  Consultant/Trainer/Author/Journalist/Fire Protection  Consultant
LNMolino at aol.com

979-412-0890 (Cell Phone)
979-690-7559  (IFW/TFW/FSS Office)
979-690-7562 (IFW/TFW/FSS Fax)

"A Texan with a  Jersey Attitude"

"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss  events; Small minds
discuss people" Eleanor Roosevelt - US diplomat &  reformer (1884 - 1962)

The comments contained in this E-mail are the  opinions of the author and the
author alone. I in no way ever intend to speak  for any person or
organization that I am in any way whatsoever involved or  associated with unless I
specifically state that I am doing so. Further this  E-mail is intended only for its
stated recipient and may contain private and or  confidential materials
retransmission is strictly prohibited unless placed in  the public domain by the
original author.