AW: [ RadSafe ] Re: NRC says new nuclear plants should be plane-proof

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Thu Apr 26 14:58:25 CDT 2007

RADSAFERs,

Reading "NRC" rings a very loud bell. Right now I am participating in an
IAEA conference in Vienna. I wonder about the qualification of NRC
personnel. I do not want to make any judgement about the scientific level of
the conference, but I would like to tell you that there is a person at this
conference, who identifies himself as being from the NRC. In his rather
broken English he asks after each presentation questions, which not only
reveal that he did not understand those even basic presentations, but
furthermore that he has not the slightest idea about the topics under
discussion.

I wonder, why the USA administration sends somebody like him to a large,
worldwide conference. In my opinion this is an offence.

You may make your own comparisons as to the "plane-proof" NPP and I would
appreciate your feedback.

This message is censored by the listowner. It has been sent at appr. 22h
middle European Time.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD