[ RadSafe ] Faith-based Radiation Protection Presentation - new and improved link

Robert Dixon rdixon at wfubmc.edu
Mon Apr 30 18:24:58 CDT 2007

To those who could not access the previous link, we have moved the
documents to a better server
http://www.wfu.edu/~kourmb9/Oberst/

Dear colleagues:

I recently gave an invited talk to the NC Health Physics Society which
has gotten some good reviews and promises to become a "cult classic"
entitled "Faith-based Radiation Protection", and I thought It might be
interesting (or at least amusing) to some of you.

Warning: it is a highly-irreverent, satirical romp which chronicles my
recent travels through the Orwellian world of "The Radioprotectors",
wherein all normal logic is seemingly abandoned (and all thinking is
based on a limited version of a universe in which radiation is the only
risk).

It also has a very low "political-correctness coefficient", but you may
enjoy; it and may also force you to think "outside of their box" for a
while . Beyond that, I make no apology for it. Feel free to pass it
along if you like.

You may access the PPT presentation using the link

http://www.wfu.edu/~kourmb9/Oberst/

Also posted at this site is my report on the recent Aug '06 ICRP
stakeholders meeting held in our nations capital (and sponsored by the
French?), which I attended as designated AAPM representative,  and which
was also attended by many of our favorite .govs,  some .orgs (and a few
.nuts). It also gives some insight into what's happening, or what may
happen. So you may also wish to follow the White  Rabbit down this  hole
as well.

Thanks,

Bob Dixon